Sunday 18 November 2007

Coup de théâtre à La Monnaie


Coup de théâtre à La Monnaie
Originally uploaded by MKWM

"Curtain", by Alicja Karska & Aleksandra Went (Project 21 - Poland)

A fortnight ago, as I was having a warm drink, sitting on a terrace in Place de la Monnaie, I kept looking at that red curtain, wondering what it could be all about. Now I know... and I must admit this Agorafolly project actually distracted me from my daily routine in the most pleasant way, unveiling a building I knew nothing about, although I’ve been living in Brussels for over a quarter of a century.

What you can see behind the curtain

The theatre's history

2 comments:

Daphne Wayne-Bough said...

I thought this theatre was where Maurice Bejart's company was based, the blurb doesn't say anything about that. Or have I got the wrong end of the shtick again?

MKWM said...

It was Daphne, but according to this site, they are now based in Lausanne. Obviously, whoever wrote that article doesn't know Brussels very well. ("De vastes espaces comme la Forêt Nationale"... how funny).